What Is Dementia?
The most unfortunate problem with most of the old age people is “dementia,” which is a chronic disorder of the mental processes caused by brain disease or injury that brings about a gradual decrease in cognition, memory and the ability to think. Thus, the medical condition is more than enough to affect the daily functioning of an individual.
For people who are suffering from dementia and other mental issues, it tends to get harder for them to be at home, as they require proper attention and care. Due to this reason, they are most of the time advised getting admitted to dementia residential care homes – especially when the problem exaggerates to receive required assistance.
These residential care homes are nothing but superior quality care centers that provide treatment to individuals suffering from dementia with admiration. The caretakers at these homes are inspired to improve the lives of the people at the residential care home.
If someone you know is suffering from the condition and is not getting the necessary attention, you must think of shifting him or her to a right dementia care home. However, selecting one can prove to be a bit tricky.
Facts to consider when choosing a care home
What is Assisted Living?
The facility of assisted living is a perfect option for the elderly who are in need of assistance with a few daily life activities such as housekeeping, cooking, midnight trips to the washroom, traveling to appointments and various other regular activities.
The residential care facility may prove to be a perfect option if you require more attention than what you are currently getting at home or some independent living retirement community. This type of assisted living is also beneficial if you do not require 24-hour medical supervision as a nursing home.
The best fact about the senior assisted living service is that it provides the person with complete safety together with round-the-clock access to care. Moreover, the caretakers at the majority of these assisted living facilities are just a call away.
So, in case you are a senior person living in Las Vegas and searching for some adult care service, then you can easily come across various senior assisted living facilities in the city.
However, the thing to note here is when it is the right time to shift to a care facility. Let’s discuss this in the next section.
Warning Signs Showing That a Person Requires Assisted Living
- If the elderly starts losing weight, is not eating well because he or she finds it hard to shop and cook.
- If there’s spoiled food in the refrigerator or the refrigerator is empty.
- If there are signs of bruises on the body of the elderly.
- The existence of mobility and balancing issues.
- The elderly person wears the same set of clothes repeatedly and faces problems in accomplishing physical activities.
- If the individual starts forgetting things more often.
- If the elderly person appears depressed, this is a common problem among people who feel lonely.
Services Offered at Assisted Living Facilities
Some of the common services provided in these facilities are:
- Three meals per day are provided to all members in a common dining area.
- An emergency call can be made from every room.
- Proper medication facility for unhealthy occupants.
- Assistance for daily jobs like bathing, eating, walking, and dressing.
- Housekeeping and laundry services.
- Recreational and social activities.
- 24-hour security.
- Fitness programs.
Various organizations provide senior assisted living in Las Vegas to help the people who are in need. Some of these facilities also offer a customized plan that meets the different requirements of the elderly. All you need to do is to get hold of the right kind of assisted living facility. Contact us anytime for assistance in making an informed decision.